Wednesday, June 22, 2005

At work

So...I am at work. Maybe I shouldn't blog here but I am taking a little break. I took this "short term temporary position" to fill the time while Jack Army was home awaiting orders. No sense in both of us ignoring the kids, right? So this will be my 10th week in this position and we just got word yesterday that the person for whom I am filling in for will not be back for at least another four weeks! Yikes! Now I am all for earning a little extra money for our family and bills and such, but sheesh it's not so great getting up early every morning while Army boy is still in bed snoozing away. Now I know how he felt. Most days I get the kids breakfast and get them entertained (flip on the TV) before I leave so that he doesn't have to get up right away( I know... I am so great!) But I am getting a bit tired of the dressing up everyday and squeezing myself into these business professional clothes. Then just to come home to everything I usually do when I stay home that needs to be done, ie folding and putting away laundry, cleaning up the huge mess that unentertained kids make, and catching up on all the missed hugs and kisses (that part I don't mind too much). It's frustrating. But here I am at work... Answering phones and filing (I went to college for this?) anyway... Just complaining.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

You ARE so GREAT!!!!!

8:43 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh yes, Tom e-mailed me a picture of you and girl, you look sooooo good. You should use that picture as your profile picture.

8:44 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Barb said...

Excellent - the family presence online grows again. Welcome to the Blogosphere!

I've been enjoying Jack Army and Katy (and Cowboy, too) for a while now - it'll be fun to have the 'rest of the story' from Jill... *grin*

8:49 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Jack said...

Welcome to blogging!

10:27 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Sue said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It can be an amazing place!

I took a 6-month position too, for similar reasons. My guy isn't back until November. Now they look like they're interested in hiring me full time....so decisions just got a whole lot harder. Funny how life works!

12:36 PM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

Welcome to the blogsphere! (I hate that term... sounds like the principal's office).

Having recently retired after more than 25 years in a career, I can attest to never wanting to go back to getting dressed up for work... and having to come home to the SECOND job... good thing it's temp -- otherwise you might find yourself wearing those "golden handcuffs"

5:12 PM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Take Care of JackArmy, and how does he get to sleep in everyday in the Army? I want that job!
Wait, I already have it! You seem to have a great family, and hope you enjoy it as much as they do!
Erik

7:41 PM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home