Sunday, June 26, 2005

Greener grass games

Alrighty then (grass isn't greener), here are the things I just don't get:
(after viewing Katy's post for today I had to change #1....)
1. I don't get why overweight elderly people find it necessary to post obscene pictures of themselves for the world to see. Ewww doesn't she have family to tell her to cease and desist?? That's just gross!

2. I just don't get how some people don't seem to be bothered by their own filth. Have you seen that show "How clean is your house" ? Some of these people are seriously filthy. Even to the point of stuff growing in their bathtub and bugs crawling over food in the kitchen. Some of the worse cases have feces on the floor and carpet. Now I admit, I am far from perfect ...I may be a little obsessive about cleaning, but my house is by no means immaculate. I just do the normal stuff like putting food away, wiping off counters, and doing dishes and laundry. Those daily chores seem obvious to me but others (even some in my own family) don't seem to care if the dishes aren't done for a day or two or food is left out to go bad. I just don't know... That's just gross.
3. I don't get how some people are completely okay with breaking the law. Specifically discrimination... At my temp job it was decided that the employee couldn't come back from her medical leave so the position will need to be filled. The recruiter told me they needed to hire a black person because of some affirmative action crap-ola. I think that is absurd! I don't know why race has to come into the hiring equation at all. The most qualified person should get the job period. Race, age, gender shouldn't matter. I know people that know me will say I am a hypocrite because I break the law myself ... But I don't think speeding and the occasional pirated movie counts... Okay it should count but come on..I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am far from perfect.
4. The last thing I can think of that I just don't get is people that don't discipline their children and then wonder why they don't behave... At least I know why my kids misbehave hee hee just kidding... I think my girls are semi-behaved...It keeps it more entertaining that way. I love the show nanny 911! It makes our kids look like angels!

so there you have it... sorry no pictures I am not a very good blogger yet. I did take some pictures of me in shorts but they were pretty bad...maybe next Friday...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,
This is your sister, am I supposed to make up a name too? You know something I don't "get", is how wierd Tom Cruise is acting ...
LS

11:58 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE filthy houses. How do people not realize their houses are filthy?

6:26 AM, June 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,
I have waited two days for an update... your other favorite sister called today... things are fine. Our mom called last night and we had a wonderful chat. Granpa may come home tomorrow! I am loving these blogs! I asked Jack to help me do one!
Fern

4:49 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Barb said...

Jill - You've got some good ones there, right with you! Even though I have no kids of my own, that last one is such a pain. My own brother-in-law (hubby's brother) has two sweet but undisciplined kids. They are smart, which means they need to have rules and regs - and I'm afraid they get away with far too much. But that's nothing compared to the lawless delinquents some cretins turn loose on the world!

7:53 AM, June 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy said...

where the hell is a new post?

4:56 AM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home