Sunday, July 10, 2005

In New York

So here we are in New York at a cafe checking email and yes! updating my blog! Yipee! It has been quite the trip. I decided to fly up to upstate (Lockport) NewYork with my youngest daughter to see who she got her red hair from and to visit my grandpa who is 97 and not doing so great. So we arrived late Wednesday night, I got up Thursday morning to come down for breakfast and fell right down my grandmother's old wooden stairs! Ouch! I went to the ER Friday night, after a day and a half of excrutiating pain, just to find out that my coccyx (tail bone) is fractured and there is really nothing to do for it. Great. I got some pain meds but I haven't taken any. We fly home tomorrow to Houston and then have to drive two and a half hours to Lake Charles. A whole day on my butt sounds great huh? I hope there is some sympathy waiting for me at home. If you're lucky Jack will take a picture of my pretty purple bruise.

4 Comments:

Blogger JACK ARMY said...

I can't wait for you to come home so I can take care of you and your sore tailbone.

Hope your trip is going well.

5:07 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Katy said...

Ouch.... I broke mine before and am sad to say I still have problems with it. I hope yours heals better than mine did.

5:14 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Diver Bob said...

I hope you made it home ok with the "broken bottom". You intrigued me with the whole blogging thing so I thought I'd try one of my own. -Bobby

3:15 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, hope it'll be ok soon

9:37 AM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home