Monday, March 05, 2007

OY!

Yes that's my word of the day...just when things seem to be moving right along, fine and dandy...cablamo! All I can say is Oy! I don't even know what that word means. I suppose it's spanish for something close to Damn! or Hell! at least that fits in the context in which I use it. Who the hell knows? Now please don't send me a bunch of emails educating me on the spanish explicatives...I get all the Spanish I need from Dora the Explorer. Just saying I've had a hard day. I am tired and I am going to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I have a good post in my head about Supernanny. I was watching that a week or so ago and that lady JoJo just freaking amazes me. Who is she? Does she have children? All I know is she really rocks. She can come over to my house anyday!! How about Tomorrow? I got a teenager that needs her naughty bench!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I just put my husband back on plane for Iraq after having him here on leave for 2 weeks. I'll just tell you that "Oy" is Yiddish.
~Mrs. Badger6
http://badgersforward.blogspot.com/

4:45 AM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Oy is short for "Oy Vey", a yiddish term that means something like 'Oh No!'. My best friend in college had a Jewish roomie ;-)

If SuperNanny has kids of her own - what in the heck is she doing running around all over the place? heh.

7:39 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Murphy said...

Maybe if you just talk to your teenager in a british accent, and say things like "Mummy doesn't like when you do this" or "Mummy doesn't appreciate it when you don't cooperate with me" and THEN put them on the bench.. Yes, That will work..

Mummy.. Hehe.. What a word.

8:11 PM, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the kids must be transfixed by her British accent--I know I am! heh

Good luck with the teen-ager! They're all different, but time is your friend!

9:48 AM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

By the way - if you point out to SuperNanny that you want her to come visit you in Hawaii -- I'm sure it would help her set her priorities straight.

7:47 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Bill said...

I tried to think of a witty comment, but I just couldn't. My wife is a stay at home mom, of a 7 yo and a 3 yo, and a home schooler. Though I am not in the military, I am a cop, and she can never really say for sure if I am coming home at the end of my shift. SHE freaking AMAZES me. I couldn't do it. You are in the same boat with Jack in the sand box. Keep up the good work on the home front, and take it one day at a time. He'll be back before you know it. Thank you for your service to our country, as your job is just as important as his.

10:48 PM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home