Friday, November 24, 2006

A good friend and American

Military wives stick together and help each other out as much as possible. This becomes especially important when husbands are deployed and you really just need a friend who is there for you and understands your temporary meltdowns. My friend Danice is one of those friends. So here's my opportunity (and yours) to support a super military spouse and an awesome friend. Go check out this site: www.starsforheroes.homestead.com She is hand making wooden service flags for families of deployed soldiers. If you've never heard of service flags, take a look. They have a long history that is interesting. It would be great to revive the tradition. If you don't have a family member serving in the war, think of purchasing one for a friend or neighbor. A whopping 60% of her profits go to our local Fisher House which is more awesome people honoring our hero's service. She also gives them to surviving spouses and parents free of charge. It's wonderful to know such good people, kinda makes up for all the crazies...and boy do I have my share around here these days. HA

3 Comments:

Blogger Fermina Daza said...

Were you at the Hui luncheon?? I came across her there and LOVE her work! I've been meaning to sit down and write her a note and put a post up about her on my blog.


If you were there, I wish I had known. I would have loved to have said hello!

11:11 AM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those are beautiful. If/When my husband goes back, I've bookmarked that link. Thanks!

10:52 AM, December 26, 2006  
Anonymous Michael Mesa said...

This was lovely, thanks for sharing

4:43 AM, May 05, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home