Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just another day in Paradise?



These are really so Jack and grandma can look and see the girls. Missy is in mid sentence as usual and the little one is eating as usual. Just another day here in Paradise for these girls. These were taken at our last company BBQ. All ten of us had a good time , Ha Ha not a great turn out maybe this new company will have better leadership and participation. I can only hope.

Just as a "personal rant" as Jack would say. I am appalled by the show of underwear at the FRG meeting tonight! I mean for goodness sakes!!! I must have seen about 20 ladies (if you could really call them that) undergarments hanging out of their pants... Don't people own mirrors these days? I am so tired of looking at tiny thongs riding WAY up over their waist and WAY above their pants. Is this a fashion trend? EWWWW People let's show a wee bit more self respect when we are dressing to go out in public. If you are wearing these new low rider pants PLUHEEZE at least wear a top that covers your crack when you sit down. In addition if you are FAT (and you know who you are!) wear garments that cover up your rolls when you sit and move about. This is not attractive it's just plain gross. Our post recently had to implement a policy on undergarments showing in public places...This is getting out of control. I think us mature people should start pointing out these fashion faux pas to the younger women we see violating our eyes with their idea of fashion. This is just plain trashy! I hope this trend is dead and buried when my girls get older, if not they'll be geeks in their normal jeans and covered cracks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Diver Bob said...

I can remember a time when my almost twin cousin was so fashion conscience that she forgot to take off the "three" Swatch watches (?)she was wearing for her High School basketball picture. If it is really getting to be a problem maybe someone should suggest they "go commando" along with the guys deployed in the "hotter regions" of the globe. I know from experience that it helps keep you cooler. See you in a few months.

1:27 AM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls at my school are trying to do the same thing.... amazing in this country! Fortunately, we have a moderate dress code and they are sent home to change. Of course my granddaughters( and great nieces) will dress like young ladies! ...and ANOTHER thing... what about all those bra straps that are showing these days...I think the whole thing of letting your underwear show is getting out of control!!

11:55 PM, September 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Amen to Mom and Bobby (and you Jill!). My gripe... I went half the school day with my black lace-hemmed slip showing (I was wearing a dark blue flowered skirt that Jill gave me). It took another teacher to point it out! I guess the kids thought I was trying to show my underwear -- what is this world coming to? By the way I have an eye injury and won't get the vision back in my left eye for about three weeks the opthamologist said... don't know the official diagnosis ... my doctor is young and keeps saying things like "Your eye is not happy" and "Your eye is very angry". Okay, my eye has issues...it'll have to line up along with my other body parts (who will squash it if it continues to cause trouble!)
Love you all!

4:15 AM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I miss the circle......Ernie

1:53 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... who's Ernie...What happened to Linda's eye... and what's the latest news in Hawaii?

2:55 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger julie anna said...

I have to agree on the thong/fannycrack/fatrolls showing. It IS gross. Luckily we don't see it as often here anymore.

11:12 AM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger Katy said...

I hate the underwear showing. I think we are just getting old. Thank God!!!!! Man those girls are so friggin' adorable.

4:52 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home