Wednesday, November 01, 2006

how to entertain a four year old for pennies



I know millions of moms (well I don't know them personally) that can benefit from this information, maybe a few good dads too. It all came about quite by accident. My youngest has a bad ear infection. Dr. said it looked like hamburger ewww right? I am thinking this is bad. Anyways I go out and get a bag of cotton balls becuase the Dr. said that the longer the drops stay in her ear (and water and germs stay out) the better. So I discover that cotton balls are very inexpensive. You get a million for under a dollar. This girl spent the good part of the afternoon making all sorts of stuff from those cotton balls, paper and some glue. "this ones a sheep , this one is a cloudy day, ...and here is a fluffy cat" fun fun fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

We managed "a couple of sick looking hand turkeys today!! But cotton balls!! Now there is an idea!!

Thanks for the tip!!

6:17 PM, November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty girl and too bad about the ear infection. I actually remember how much those hurt! It doesn't take much to entertain young kids and it's good to see their creativity! My 2 kids loved blank paper and something to draw with. Now they both have degrees in art!

1:07 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

We, too, are fans of the inexpensive craft. ANd both of my kids love glue AND cottonballs. I think we're going to have some fun on the next rainy day!

8:49 PM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try drawing on piece of cardboard with glue..then let it dry...paint over the glued section with acrylic or paster paint...then lay a clean piece of paper on the top and rub the surface well while holding the paper so it doesn't move. Lift off from one end...and you have a nat print...they can make several from the same glued picture.

11:37 PM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home