Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas is coming!



Time to get the kids in a cookie making frenzy! This year it was fun! I am certain none of their "cookies" ever made it to the cookie sheet. But for a few bucks a stick of butter and and egg, It was great fun for about 45 minutes which any mom knows is longer than most activities can keep their attention. My rule of thumb for deciding on an activity by the way, is simple. I ask myself will this take me longer to clean up that it takes them to get bored with it? If the answer is yes I usually don't put forth the effort.
But before you all go away from this blog thinking, "WOW! That Jill, she really has it all together and during a deployment at that? She really rocks!" Let me tell you...Effort and enthusiasm are in real short supply these days. So what works for me you ask? I find the more neighbors and friends I piss off or alienate the more time I have to do fun stuff with the kids! Amazing how that works, God's own devine plan? Ruffle feathers= more time with the kids! Ha But seriously I am not sitting over here being miss suzie homemaker as my blog might lead you to believe. I have neighbors that hate me and a teenager that has an attitude (yeah who doesn't) and my little ankle biters are sometimes badly behaved (can you believe it?) ! So hang in there. We are all doing the best we can with what we have to work with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fermina Daza said...

Oh my goodness! That is SOOOOOO true! Definitely pissing off the neighbors and annoying the friends does open up a valuable amount of free time. I hadn't thought of it that way!

Love the aprons and chef's hats. We'll be doing our cookie extravaganza this weekend. Yummy!!!

8:33 AM, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think you used to have such good neigbors... what happened we move out and the crazy people move in. Sorry I am missing out on everything..I really miss our shopping trips with the girls. And of course making cookies and gingerbread houses.. even though yours looked better than mine..ha.ha.. The girls look so cute. They look so much bigger now. Tell the elder girl to chill out that Santa is watching..hee.hee...

Miss you guys...

3:44 AM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger CopterDrsWife said...

I SO agree with you, Jill Army! I'm dealing with the same kind of stuff you are, it seems, so I hear ya'! But you're doing a great job, so don't feel bad.
CDW

3:28 AM, December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home