Saturday, May 27, 2006

Treasure hunter

well it's official my daughter is a fish! Like mother like daughter I suppose. We both love the water. I was sitting with her outside today while she swam and swam and I told her about the time my dad made me a pool in our back yard. He dug the hole and everything. (eventually he called in a bulldozer but still, to my little four yr old mind he dug that hole) So as I told her how I sat in about two inches of water waiting for the hose to fill this gi-normous pool.. . she laughed because she did the same thing when I filled this pool up for her birthday...then I told her I used to pretend I was diving for treasure when my dad would throw pennies in the pool and I would dive down and retrieve them. Of course I had to go in and fetch some pennies.... so after about two seconds she goes down and comes up with her "treasure". The thing that amazes me is that she can't even swim and just a year ago wouldn't get her face wet in the bath tub... my how fast they grow. Happy Early Father's Day Dad! I do have good memories with you in them! Can't wait for you to visit us in Hawaii!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Takes me back to my childhood -- Mom taught me to swim when I was 6, and I was always a water puppy myself. Looks like she's learning how to swim her way!

8:28 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Katy said...

Ahhhhhh...can she teach my kids to put their little faces in the water?

8:20 AM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home