Monday, August 07, 2006

BIG SIGH!

Well it finally happened. My wonderful Jack has deployed. He's only been gone a few days but I missed him the minute the big aloha busses pulled out of the Quad. It was an interesting thing to see all these soldiers ready to go. Amazing how little they carry. I found myself wondering how many bags I'd have if I were leaving for more than a year. Certainly more than what these guys had. Of course a few smaller guys might disagree with me when I call their rucks anything resembling the word "light".
I have to tell you I have never been so proud of Jack (or anyone for that matter) in my whole life. I had really never seen him in charge of so many soldiers at one time. It was impressive to see him line the guys up and make sure they had everything they needed to go...right down to the last dog tag. It was the epitome of organization and efficency. WOW. My soldier rocks!

If you are interested in adopting a soldier ( like the readers on Jack's blog are) Email me and I will send you the info to get going with that. Most of Jack's guys are young and single and would really appreciate kind words of encouragement and support...and probably some cookies and unmeltable candy too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Prayers of protection following our guys all the way to far away lands.
Praying for the families to have strength. God bless our troops.

5:46 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

I sent you an email!

9:45 AM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Diver Bob said...

I hope things with you and the girls are going OK. Let me know if you need anything. We are talking about maybe visiting Hawaii sometime in the spring or early summer. I know there are plenty of prayers for the soldiers and we will pray fo them too. But just so you know we will be praying for you and your angels as well. Anna says hi to her favorite cousins. Love Bob, Jenny, and Anna

1:39 PM, August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found both of your sites. I tried to email you regarding letters to soldiers, but I received a failure notice twice. Is there another address?

1:51 PM, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, Hi I read your hubbies post about adopting a soldier, I would like to do this but I can't access your email to make a request. If you could email at amanda.breen@us.army.mil with any information you can provide me I would greatly appreciate it.

4:00 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger RobC said...

Jill... there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about all the guys and girls that are in harm's way defending freedom... Only those that have done it and supported tham have an inkling of the sacrifice... Bless them all!

7:43 AM, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home