Tuesday, August 22, 2006

woe is Jack

One day he's taking his girls to kindergarten (look how proud Missy looks that her daddy picked her up on her first day) and the next he's being sandblasted in unbearable heat. I wish I could do something to alleviate some of the yuk he's going through. All I can do is sit here and watch the phone not ring and see my email inbox stay empty... Can't quite convince myself that no news is good news.
Ugh we are all trying to hang in there. Gosh I hope the first few weeks are the worst because I can't imagine missing Jack more than I do right now. He's all I ever think about and I find myself seriously distracted most of the time. I haven't gotten as many phone calls or emails as I would like but I try to tell myself he's hot and tired and working hard to adjust. I am just hanging on trying not to cry in public. I hate it when people give you that look and ask if you are okay..."yeah I was until you just said that now I am a freakin basket case again thanks!" I went to my silly little job today and I just thought to myself what the hell am I doing working here? Crazy!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I pray for you and your family. I know its tough. I have a loved one deployed and everyday and yikes several times a day I check my email and sometimes I don't hear right away, but I KNOW he's good and I just pray every day and smile knowing soon he'll be back home.

5:15 PM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jill,

This must be your first deployment. My husband and I have gone through two so far and we are looking at another one in 6 months(possibly sooner, he has orders for Schofield in Oct.)

The very begining is hard. I spent the first three days in bed, ordering take out for the kids, watching the phone. By the end of the first month I started to become a human again. I went back to school to keep myself busy, and I had the kids to keep me company. After a while, my husband and I had our email/video chat schedule squared away, so that made it a little easier as well.

Keep your head up and slowly it will get better for you. If you want to talk, email me. I would like to get a little information from you about Schofield, and I could tell you what I know about deployments (I was deployed in OIF1, he was OIF3.)

wndrwm2@gmail.com

10:40 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger JACK ARMY said...

Sorry, JILL, for not calling and emailing more often. Your inbox should be full now! You know I love you and that I think of you often. I miss you bunches and I'll be home when things here are done. Hang in there.

JACK

10:45 AM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

Hi there
I'm Kristin. I live on Wheeler AAF. My soldier has been gone since October of last year. I think we are getting close to the end of this deployment, but no dates yet. Hang in there. You and your family are in my prayers.

12:07 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Jill -- Hopefully the island climate will help you to deal with the whole deployment thing. Imagine the poor spouses at Ft. Lewis having to suffer through the wet winter nights in Seattle, f'r instance!
Nice pic of the girls with J.A. - they obviously love their Daddy :-)

5:29 AM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your next post..I'm sure things are getting easier by now.... right? You must be too busy to blog!

3:17 AM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
My husband will soon return from his second Iraq deployment. I won't gloat. Advice is hard pressed to come by, especially since we all deal differently. I couldn't imagine what the two years of deployment would have done to me with kids. Hang in there, gal. Good luck to Jack, and all his comrades.

7:16 PM, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Buena Park Snow Removal said...

Hi nice reading your ppost

1:08 PM, October 19, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home