Friday, June 02, 2006

Bravery test failed!

Well ya know how I said just a few hours ago about how brave I am and the whole conquering your fear hoopla....Well just scratch everything I said!!! Sitting here at my computerat 11:00pm in my bare feet I feel a little tickle accross my foot. Thinking it's our new little kittens I don't pay much attention to it until I realize Jack put them out for the night (on the lenai not outside) anyhoo...when that thought registers I look down to see a CENTIPEDE running across my BARE foot!!!! ARUGH!!! Needless to say I screamed, and screamed!! Then ran for the only thing I could think of the kitchen tongs!!! I picked the sucker up... what was I thinking??? It wiggled and wiggled until it looked like it would just leap out of the death grip I had on it and boy did it looked pissed! Of course, brave me got the heebeegeebees and threw it out side (with the tongs, a loud squeal and whole body shiver!!) Then I thought about that earlier post SO ... I got a flashlight and the centipede spray and went out to hunt it down! I found it and spayed it until it died...not very quickly I might add. Then I cut him up into four pieces and flushed it. Still not the end of the story though.... I was so mad that my Jack didn't come to rescue me in my time of need. I thought he needed to be woken up. Apparently I need to plan my emergencies a little better because having one late on a warm night when the airconditioners are on, no one can hear my screams for help. ARUGH!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger lbuck said...

Tell me again about how fabulous it is to be living in that tropical paradise!

7:29 PM, June 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh Jill.... they rarely bite! Unless you pick them up with TONGS!! Studies have shown this makes them angry.
Good on you for cutting it into 4 pieces -- that'll teach it not to crawl on YOUR toes!!
Speaking of slimy things cut into pieces... have you tried Genki Sushi yet? It is sooo good!
The ranch you talked about in your blog is the one the girl scouts go to for their summer camp... really cool place! You can also rent a cabin for the family and spend the weekend in the wilderness (bring bug spray).
Love you,
Your sister

8:38 PM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

This is one of the things I hat about Florida, too. Big, creepy bugs. Oooh - and lizards, too. Actually, I like lizards ... but not when they are loose in my bedroom - that's a no-no! My mom and dad used to get them inside all of the time.

6:28 PM, June 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it keeps her away from anonymous siblings.

9:47 PM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous... I'm Linda, sister of "Jill". I just didn't know if I could log on and say "hi" without a blog name... guess I can... I meant the comment to be humorous ... I really am sorry, to "Jill", "Jack" and "anonymous" -- We didn't mean to offend anyone...

6:04 PM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Penis Enlargement Pills said...

Really you have done great job,There are may person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I like this blog..

8:05 PM, April 13, 2011  
Blogger Dentist Seo said...

Treatment for male pattern hair loss at the crown or in the middle of the scalp (androgenetic alopecia).
Locksmith SEO

8:34 PM, April 22, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home