Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!!

So...yesterday was my birthday and what grand birthday surprise was waiting for me when I woke up?! (see below) This is the dreaded Hawaiian pest the centipede. The little girls found it on the Lanai (Hawaiian for back patio, ours is screened in). So I killed it of course. I am not one of those girls that squeal and call a man to dispose of such things. Don't get me wrong...I would like to be one of those girls but since I have a husband that is rarely at home when things like this come around and when he is home couldn't be bothered with saving anyone from anything, I do it myself. Case in point...Last time I asked for his help, it was a spider. Not just a little spider either this one was big and furry yikes! So I asked my brave man to come kill it. HA after he finally got up the spider was between the screen and the window so instead of smashing it so I'd never be seeing it again, he opened the window and let it escape!! So now I know there is a huge spider somewhere lurking around my home. Thanks for that. I should have cut it into small peices like I did with the centipede before I flushed it. It was probably full of little huge spider babies just lurking around until I am sleeping and then ....aaaah I can't think of that right now...Yuk! The rest of my birthday was just as crappy as the begining. Ahhh to be old ...it's all downhill from here. I know what your'e thinking gosh what an optimist that Jill is. HA

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday..I am sorry I didnt call..but as I didnt know it was your birthday..it cant be all my fault..right? Thats my story and I am sticking to it..ha.ha..I am sure your day wasnt all bad.. I have to admit I dont miss those little creatures.. although we have seen a snake..which I think is way worse.. some trade off huh..Well just wanted to say hi.. and Happy Birthday!!

3:02 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAAPPPPYYYY B-DAY!!! Good ta see ya back!! My wife's B-Day is on the 4th of June. She'll be over that hill!!!! the big 3-6.. 36!!
And being she's eight weeks older then me, I get to rub it in! In all good fun of course!
Hey did jack tell ya about that crazy guy staring him down at NTC. Too Funny. I was Like, hey I Know that guy from somewhere. LOL

10:47 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Jill Army said...

Hey watch what you say about "over the hill" I just turned 36 myself!! Is it tomorrow yet tanker? We are all waiting for a new post! And yes...I do prefer centipedes over snakes!! but at least snakes don't come into your home that often...these suckers are begining to piss me off.

11:55 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Diver Bob said...

Happy Birthday you little lioness. Just remember I'll always be older than you and you will always be your Mama's "baby girl". love ya!

10:55 PM, June 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm still writing on your card ... I like to think I spread out the "birthdaynis" by sending cards out late... anyone go for that?! Anyhoo, I love you and those youngins' and Jack!
Your Sister

8:31 PM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

*Gulp* That's one dang big centipede! Gives me the creepies just looking at the picture.

Happy Birthday! I didn't get ya nuthin', hope you got lots of hugs from your girls!

6:25 PM, June 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home