Monday, July 20, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...



So I took my children to the Schofield Barracks pool the other day. They got a new cool slide that is a ton of fun. So my littlest child is having a grand time splashing around in the big pool. No more baby pool for us! She just took the lifeguard's test so she doesn't have to wear the encumbering lifevest anymore. She is thrilled! So I am sitting there on the side of the pool with homework in hand of course...and she looks up at me and asks..."Mom, is there gravity in water? I mean how come I don't fall?"

...stunned silence... ummm ...I'm stumped. Here I am sitting at the pool doing homework to finish my Master's degree in Accounting, I mean I am no dummy here, but my seven year old has stumped me in five words. How can this be? This child of mine is always thinking. Of course she still walks into the occassional wall and can not help herself from touching everything she sees but man she is a thinker!

I of course went right home and googled it. So just incase your child ever asks..."There is gravity everywhere, even in outer space. Gravity happens when something has mass and is pulled by other items that have mass. In water, there is also a buoyancy force that works in the opposite direction to gravity". Thank you very much MIT Alum Sue Kayton from www.allexperts.com. Great site for all sorts of questions. I learn something new everyday. Isn't parenting grand ?

10 Comments:

Blogger Lemon Stand said...

De-lurking just to say that I heart Google! My kids do the same thing all the time.

4:37 PM, November 20, 2009  
Anonymous gracemary said...

signs that your youngest is an intelligent kid.

1:36 AM, June 27, 2013  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, I have a question and maybe you can help me out. My fiance is in basic training right now and graduates next month. His AIT is 18 months and he was told that he will get a break between basic and AIT since it is over a year. Is this true? And if you do not know the answer, who should I speak with about this? Or who should he speak with?

Thank you for your time,

-Chelsey

2:56 PM, August 09, 2013  
Anonymous military gear said...

Nice blog.

8:29 AM, October 02, 2013  
Anonymous cheap boots said...

Interesting point. I have to agree with the conclusion.

8:31 AM, October 02, 2013  
Blogger Mike Jasson said...

QUANTITATIVE FINANCE Homework Help,Finance Assignment, QUANTITATIVE FINANCE Finance Homework and Project of financial management Quantitative Finance is is a very important application of Finance.
Quantitative Analysis Finance

7:00 PM, August 20, 2015  
Blogger Java Assignment Provider said...

Hi buddy, your blog' s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts about Online Dissertation Help are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets!!
Online Java Project Help

8:03 PM, August 20, 2015  
Blogger Assignment Helper said...

Fantastic blog, it is so informative and good gained knowledgeable site, all students are asking about this site, we must be the first visit this site. Peoples who need well and good info from this site.
Economics Homework Help

8:30 PM, August 20, 2015  
Anonymous code xbox live gratuit said...

Over this time around framework we have actually had the ability to enhance our system to produce a solution that supplies a 96% Xbox Live code success price.xbox live gold gratuit Ok, this choice helps those players that have a Xbox live account however have actually never ever triggered their Xbox Live Gold registration (if you have actually done so in the past,

2:21 PM, June 09, 2017  
Blogger Yahoosupport said...

Yahoo Customer Care Number

Yahoo Customer Service Number

Yahoo Tech Support Number

Yahoo Technical Support

Yahoo Helpline Number

Yahoo Customer Support

12:58 AM, October 21, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home