Thursday, August 25, 2005

I see a light at the end of the tunnel

As tiny as it is, I can finally see a glimmer of light and a flicker of hope at the end of our recruiting hell (tunnel)! After much searching and calling and nagging of civilian friends in high places we have news of our next assignment. Notice I didn't say we have orders because we don't. This recruiting battalion and brigade even, is in such disarray. I know they have more pressing duties but... To know they have been able to retrieve our information at any time for who knows how long and still have not, is completely infuriating. We, and I use the term very loosely, had to jump through hoops to even get the tidbit of news that we did. Oh which is by the way Schofield Barracks in Hawaii report date Nov. 10th !! Yipee Skippy! I am excited. I just wonder how long the recruiting command would have waited to tell us if I hadn't been so persistent? And who knows when they will actually get around to cutting us orders. Which of course we can't do much planning with out those.
But on the bright side.... We have a date. A firm date when our recruiting duty will be gone hopefully forever. I love the Military and have loved every place I have been but this assignment has been the worst by far due to the mere fact that recruiters and their families get deserted out in the middle of nowhere (in regards to other military facilities and people as well as other recruiters in most cases). It is not surprising to hear the divorce and suicide rates in recruiting are sky rocketing. Even the strongest of people (Jack & Jill Army included) have a difficult time handling the stress and solitude. I think if it weren't for my church and friends I never would have survived. I think Jack's blog and faithful readers really got him through this difficult time. I can't imagine how frustrating it had to have been (and is) to be left at home waiting while other soldiers with less training and experience go to war in his place. Almost nine months of waiting... Finally almost over...Shouldn't we have something to show for it? The last three times I waited nine months for something I at least got a gorgeous baby girl out of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Whoohoo. I would be much happier if you were coming to Carson.

2:49 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger JACK ARMY said...

No Carson for you!

Well, since Katy's happiness is the most important factor, we will contact the Army and get the orders changed.

Happy now, Katy? Sheesh.

7:28 AM, August 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://pvqymhgl.com/ytwj/bnpu.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pmjtyxfy.com/dpgv/ndgz.html]Cool site[/url]

3:49 PM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

3:49 PM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://pvqymhgl.com/ytwj/bnpu.html | http://wsaiichz.com/nrbl/ualy.html

3:49 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home