Monday, March 19, 2007

no juicy for you

Last week I wrote this letter to the commanding general of Jack's division through his "open door policy". I have never ever done anything like that before. I just got really annoyed at all the people here squabbling and scrambling to get in these new homes that are going up on our post. At first it was all great and wonderful these new homes were intended to replace really old, bug infested homes our most junior soldiers and families were living in. Some awesome general (I believe it was Gen Mixon but not exactly sure) decided the golf course on this post was less important than these soldier's living in a decent home. So he put into action a plan to rip up a golf course and put in hundreds of new homes. Way to go!! All was great until the general deployed to Iraq. With him away, some of the (let's just say non- lower enlisted) spouses decided their families were more deserving than these lower enlisted families. Shameless if you ask me.
I was going to post the letter up here but thought twice about it...so much for juicy.

3 Comments:

Blogger LoveMyTanker said...

I say, good on you girl! I have seen this type of thing happen at more than one location and I say a big fat HOOAH to you for writing the letter!

11:17 AM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Do people have no shame? How rotten! Good for you, Jill. You tell 'em, girl!!!

6:51 PM, March 21, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

So, if we don't get the juicy letter, how about a quick update on your in-laws? No new posts on Katy or Clint's sites ... I hope they are okay?

And feel free to post on any other, not-so-juicy, bits so we know you and the girls are all okay as well :-)

10:10 AM, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home