Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Update










So it's been Spring break here. That is always a ton a of fun when my husband is gone and my teenager left me for more exciting relatives. So just me and the little girls. We have spent quite a bit of our time with a neighbor and her three children. We both have been watching eachothers children so we can go to our part time jobs without having to pay for childcare which worked out great. On our off days we had a few adventures. We went to Haunama Bay snorkling! It was beautiful and even my littlest who doesn't put her face in the water yet got to see the big fishes! We went to the park today ( it was my day to keep the kids ) we took baseballs, a bat, gloves, frisbees and a soccer ball. We had so much fun running around and playing. I've noticed my friend's boys are very different from my little girls. My girls have melt downs when they don't like the way things are turning out and boys, they just beat the crap out of eachother. Somedays, I think I'd rather have boys. My middle bundle of joy had a huge melt down at the build a bear store at the mall. It really befuddled me becuse this melt down was AFTER I told her she could make an animal of her choice. I don't get it. She just lost complete control of herself and wouldn't stop crying. We have this rule if you cry at a store you can''t get anything and so she didn't get to get anything. This made her even more upset because I had already told her that she could go and make one. We had never been to one of these places before and our friends had gift certificates to use so we went along. My youngest of course was unjustly deprived of getting her as well because I got all flustered and walked out of the store to calm myself and the other one, so of course she had to have her own melt down. More fun for me! Arugh! My friend has an awesome job of being a mystery shopper. We are lucky because we often get invited on her mystery shops that include resturants. So yesterday we went to TGI Fridays, one of my favorites. So the two of us moms and five children in tow went to this resturant for dinner. What a fiasco! the waiter was awful the service was bad and our food took over an hour to come out! I wanted to stand up and shout Hey she is a secret shopper I suggest you try real hard to please her! I didn't. We ended up (by we, I mean my friend... I don't complain) complaining to the manager and getting all 7 of our meals free! who hoo! that was worth the wait.

Barb wanted to know about the inlaws...well I talked to Katie the other day. Clint was scheduled to arrive that night so she was very excited. They are back in Colorado at least for a few weeks until her gets out of the Army and they move down to Texas. So I would guess they won't be blogging a whole bunch anytime soon. They aren't as dedicated as Jack to the whole blogging thing. Not many people blog as much or as often as him, especially when he was home on R&R grrrr don't get me started on that!

Anyhoo...my teenager is arriving tonight from her Spring break away from her sisters. I think she had a good time. Too bad I got her report card a few days ago and she'll be grounded as soon as she gets home. Oh well... that's what she gets for blowing off her English homework. I am such a mean mom. :(
Oh and our cat had kittens!! awwww.... perfect timing second day of Spring Break.


4 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Wife said...

Sounds like a great spring break. Well except for the meltdowns. Yikes! That's gotta be no fun at all. Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations. Take care.
~BW

5:04 AM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Wheee! You been a busy lady ;-) Thanks for the update on Katy 'n' Clint. I was beginning to wonder if all was well, glad to know things are just busy for them.

Love the pictures! I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks with the Hubster. We are looking forward to fun in the sun ... although it was actually sunny in Seattle today. Amazing.

7:15 PM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the little one's nervous system was on overload, looking at all the stuffed animals and undecisive about what she wanted! Never can be sure about situations like that! Always fun to have a crying child in a public place! When my daughter was a toddler I was trying to buy a jacket for her and ended up in the floor with her screaming like she was being hurt! ha (I was trying to see if the jacket fit!) She usually was mild-tempered, so I have no idea what happened that day!

What a pretty cat and what a mixture of kittens! They'll be so cute in a couple of weeks. I had my 4 fixed, so we won't be having babies!

I hope Jack is close to redeployment time!

9:48 PM, March 31, 2007  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

my little boy as meltdowns....

bad ones...

the girl just gets grouchy and goes to sleep

5:16 AM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home