Thursday, April 12, 2007

The dreaded EXTENSION!

It's official. ALL active duty Army troops on the ground in Iraq will be extended for an additional 3 months. We are sad but optimistic. We were all so excited about the "over half way" mark that had just passed. People had started to count down the days to redeployment. So now we kinda feel a little deflated and downright sad. You can almost hear the collective sigh of reality setting in. Alone for another 7 months... Sigh.. what can you do?
Jack would say there's a job to do and we aren't finish doing it so we'll stay to get er done! But sheesh we miss him like crazy and the short R&R 17 day visit was great but really just made the missing him all the more fresh in our minds.
It doesn't make me feel any better when a soldier home on R&R runs into me at the PX and says "wow how are you doing...I mean knowing where Jack is and what he's doing ?" ...ummm like what's that supposed to mean? Well great! Now I am all paranoid. I didn't know he was GOING someplace I thought it was a communications issue...radio silence thing no worries... but going someplace? now wait a sec...why in the hell did you have to go a say something like that?? oh for goodness sake!
I think would be completely sane if I were deaf. I recently came to this realization. I would have little to no trouble with my extremely loud and obnoxious neighbor, I would be safe from all the drama that seems to everywhere I go on this post. AND I wouldn't have to be affected by the absolutely insane things that some people say to me on a daily basis. Yep deaf seems to be a good option for me right now...maybe I'll just go buy some good ear plugs.

8 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Wife said...

Ear plugs. Great idea. just don't stop listening to yourself.

3:20 AM, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you seem to be having so many problems everywhere you go, that might say something about you and NOT all of the people around you. Has it ever crossed your mind that the problem might just be with you?

11:46 PM, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Butterfly Wife - that's great advice :-) Probably something we all should try for a while - block out the sounds of others so we can hear ourselves think!

Ah, Jill - I thought of you when I read about the extensions. It sucks, no two ways about it. At least Katy's back online making us laugh out loud! Try to keep laughing, it's good for you ;-)

7:06 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh my gosh...I hate when people are such weinnies that they slam you on your own blog and then leave it annonymous. Karen you are too nice, I can believe someone is giving you crap. Wow, they must be related to the devil to be that mean.

4:48 AM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there. My wife is just about to find out what it's like.
You guys should get medals too.

oh and anonymous.

your a weenie with no clue.

9:35 AM, April 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! how incredibly brave to leave such a comment anonymously. As a matter of fact that idea did cross my mind but...since I try very hard to treat others in the manner in which I'd like to be treated (ever heard of the golden rule?) I really don't think I am the cause of people breaking rules and treating other people with such hatred. I believe if all people conducted themselves in a similar manner we all might be better off. But then there are people like you out there that find pleasure in hurting other people's feeligs for no reason at all. Kinda sad.

5:54 PM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Steph said...

I linked to your husband's website from Buddy Winn's website. I know Buddy and his family from our church.

While I am not a military wife, I have several friends who are. Again, I will not pretend that I understand what you are going through, because I don't (since I have not been there). However, what I will say, is that I agree with Mr. Bob the family should get medals right along with the soldiers. You are making sacrifices that I believe the general American population does not understand.

I am so thankful to God that I have had the opportunity to learn about the sacrifices through my friends. Now, don't misunderstand me. I am not thankful that my friends are in Iraq. However, I am thankful to God for protecting them. Whenever I get in fear about their safety, I read over Psalm 91. I believe Psalm 91:11 talks about being surrounded by angels.

Wow - I am getting awfully long winded. I really just wanted to let you know that there is a civilian out there who is thankful to you, your husband, and your entire family for the sacrifices that you are making to protect our way of life in America.

Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you!

1:16 AM, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try not to worry too much, Jill. Easier said than done. I hope you hear from him soon. Saying an extra prayer for our troops and their families!

12:01 PM, April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home