Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Jill's thoughts for the day...

I don't want to take away from all the pain and suffering the families of the Virginia Tech Students are recently experiencing... BUT ...I was passing by our huge flag on post the other day watching it fly at half staff. I stopped and prayed for those families it was flying low for. The country nationally recognized and mourned approx. 30 students who died in a extremely horrible way. That's great. I thought it was good of the President to do this. Then I started thinking about all the soldiers over there with my husband and all those who have come back in those flag draped coffins. I wonder why our flag isn't flying low already. Certainly our country is in a constant state of mourning for these families as well. Maybe it's because these soldiers chose to make the sacrifice they did. Does that make it any less horrifying or painful for their families and friends? Maybe it is because these kids at VT were innocent and unsuspecting. I don't know. It made me just a little bit sad for our soldiers. I don't need low flying flag to help me to remember these soldiers and their sacrifice for this country, but maybe others might. Maybe if the shooter had joined the Army instead of going to college he would have felt included and found camaraderie instead of persecution he got from the clicks in college. I don't know. Maybe not I don't know... How about if we send all the crazies out there who have some sort of grudge toward whomever over to Iraq to go out on patrols. Have them take their anger out on some insurgents who deserve it before they get shot. Just a thought in my head, feel free to disagree. Aren't you glad you live in a country where you can? Good! Now go out and thank a soldier!

6 Comments:

Blogger Reasa said...

All I can say is AMEN!!!

11:41 AM, May 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank a soldier's family......

Thank you!!!!

1:43 PM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Murphy said...

Oh I'm so glad I am not the only one who thinks this way... GREAT post!!!

8:09 AM, May 02, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

I try to thank 'em every chance I get. Thank you, too - since I can't say that too often.
My heart goes out to the families, especially the little ones. They serve without much choice, don't they?! Tell your girls that their Daddy is a hero to lots of us, not just to them :-)

1:44 PM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Teacher Teacher! said...

Here in Michigan, the flags are lowered for soldiers from our state. Some think it is too much but I believe we need to show that respect for our fallen citizens.

5:03 PM, May 12, 2007  
Anonymous code xbox live gold gratuit ! http://gratuitxblcodes.com/ said...

I am sorry to inform you, you will not have the ability to accessibility this alternative).abonnement xbox live If you are a passionate Xbox Live player, wait not as well as obtain your hands prepared for a brand-new video gaming experience.

4:39 PM, June 10, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home