Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back in Lake Charles!

So we are back in the land of...hmm what's the word I'm looking for??? STINK yeah that's it. The Land of STINK! Jack came home Monday to check things out before the kids and I came back yesterday. Lucky for me he emptied out the nasty fridge before I got here. But it still STINKS! The whole house smells kinda strange but we've got candles burning while I clean the house to get it to freshen up. I guess it's just a stale smell but still it isn't fresh and clean like it is usually. I do love Febrezze but who knew it was flamable?? SO FYI don't spray it near an open flame... I think it actually says that on the lable but... who reads those until it's too late.

Anyway... The part that sucks is that we were all ready for the movers to come on Thursday before the hurricane. We had tons of stuff everywhere ie: books down from the attic stacked up in the living room, clothes laid all over my room b/c we emptied out the walk in closet so we could separate unaccompanied baggage from household goods, it looks like RITA came in and tackled the kid's room. Not a piece of floor in sight it is completely cover with stuff! Ugh.. all the neighbors are coming for dinner tonight. That's a good incentive for me to get things in order quicker. There is just so much to do... the garage is a mess, the dining room is covered with stuff, our bedroom is chaos... I am looking forward to getting things in order before the movers come and feeling better organized before we leave for Hawaii. I think this little evacuation was like a trail run for living out of a suitcase for two weeks. I wrote down somethings I missed that I forgot to pack like nail clippers and perfume (you never realize what you use until you don't have it) I wasn't my fresh, groomed self for the past two weeks and it was hell! I am in desperate need of a pedicure!
So...
The new plan is that the kids and I are staying here until the 19th. We will go to San Antonio. Jack will be here to meet the movers on the 20th and then steam clean carpets, finish cleaning up the house, and have the move out inspection done. He'll clear and out process at Ft. Polk andjoin us in SA. Then we will be done with the armpit of america (Lousy-ana) forever! Thinking about that last comment.. Louisiana is probably not the actual "armpit of america" even though it is moist and stinky...if you look at the map..Washinton state and Maine are arms, California and Florida are legs ...that leaves Lousy-ana to be...the crotch! and I guess sometimes that area could be moist and stinky so...
But I digress... We will leave San Antonio around the 1st of November for Hawaii!! Then we will be in limbo again for another month or so until we get housing. I am not very fond of limbo. I just want to be settled. who knows when our stuff will ever get there. not to mention our van which we won't be able to drop off until after the 22nd. So we'll be with out a vehicle for a month in Hawaii! Yikes... I wonder how much it is to rent a car over there?
Anyways...

1 Comments:

Blogger Fermina Daza said...

Friends of ours who came from OK got their stuff about a month early so there is hope.

Holler if you need anything!

homefrontsix @ yahoo.com (no spaces)

10:23 AM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home