Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Throw the book at me

Well it was bound to happen...just never thought it would be so literal. I started substitute teaching not too long ago. I mostly work at the middle school level 6th- 8th grade. I realize you just can't please everyone all the time but sheesh! After an incident last week I found myself just wondering about a few things...Does throwing a book at the substitute really make you feel better as a student? Have better methods of communication not been covered at this point of one's education? Is that kind of behavior tolerated at your house around your family? Is a trip to the bathroom during class that important it makes getting suspended for two whole days worth it? What kind of adult will this student turn out to be? Have I failed to acknowledge or appreciate some hidden cry for help in this random act of violence? Is it someones grand plan to put this student in my path everyday? Why on earth do I keep going back for more?
Hope you aren't holding your breath for any of these answers because I really don't have them. But I am sure you guessed that.
In other news... I took a much needed day off from subbing just to go to the zoo with my daughter and over 100 kindergartners! Wheee! what was I thinking? It was two days ago and I still haven't fully recovered.
If you want a good cry, I suggest you check out a good video on a Blog called Cheeseburgers in Paradise written by a fellow Army spouse blogger here in Hawaii. She's awesome and does a much better job at blogging (and losing weight I might add) than me. We are both missing our husbands. I think MTV should pull the yucky video they have for Chris Daughtry's song and put this one up instead. Of course, if they do, then every time I see it I'll be a wet slobbery mess. yuk I know...just don't throw a book at me please!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Ugh - you'd have to come bail me out of jail for what I'd want to do to the kid that threw a book at someone! Argghhh!

Love the link to Cheeseburger in Paradise -- and envy her weight loss. Yowza ... inspiring.

7:38 PM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

I didn't know you were subbing! Cool beans! I'd have thrown the book back at him. But that's why I'm not currently teaching. Not a lot of patience to be had around here.

How are you doing otherwise? Good, I hope!

10:15 PM, June 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home