Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Love Thy Neighbor


God tells us to do this... but I tell ya sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds. Especially when they are as stupid as the deployment is long. I mean I have had some winners for neighbors in the past, I mean I have lived on a military post before, but these folks here give even the worst a run for their money. Some episodes are easier than others to ignore. Like the DAILY yell for their kids to come in that for some reason has to be made right in front of my open window, when the kids are out on the roof at midnight raising a ruckus two feet away from my sleeping daughters window, skinny dipping in the pool which is far too visible from far too many places in my house, when her 6 yr old is laying in the middle of the street (not our small cul de sac, the street) and refuses to move when a car comes by (apples sure don't fall far from the tree huh?), or even when the girls are cold on a rainy day and begging to come in my house when their mother won't allow them in her own because they might wake her up (I couldn't ignore that one) but today was the most humorous of their attempts to communicate (see picture). I had to chuckle just a bit because the kids they are trying to insult(yes that would be my 4 and 5 yr old) can't even read much other than their own names yet ...so the insultees thought it was a nice welcome home note since we'd been out when it was written. HA! Our little angels are oblivious to the wild freaks of children that surround us. The sad part is I know these kids probably had to ask their parents how to spell more than half the words. Obviously parents were no help in the grammer department. We are not talking about bright people here, but at least they are good for a laugh now and then...at least for a few more days. HALLELUJAH

12 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Jill,

this hurt my heart, and it always does. Mean spirited children, hurting kind hearted and open children...

One of the worst sins I can think of.

Glad the girls can't read...

4:02 PM, July 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure hope you're luckier neighbor-wise where you're moving! Good luck!

9:11 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

Woohoo! Yay for greener pastures! I hope the new neighborhood is much quieter and kinder. If not you can always come hang out over here! See you Tuesday!

10:39 PM, July 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your getting new diggs...

Post pics as soon as you can.

Val

5:05 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:29 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

no accounting for manners or intelligence -- just be glad they're not yours (smirk).

Hope the move goes smoothly -- and that you have better neighbors where you're going than where you came from!

8:30 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Brian H said...

Read "The Marching Morons" by Kornbluth. It'll give you something to smile and worry about when you meet up with these products of multi-generational inbreeding.

7:57 PM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Bad neighbors are such a frustration - I'm glad you are moving to a new locale. :-)

1:52 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Ah.....I see that some of my former neighbors have joined the Army & have moved their lovely well mannered children into housing. I'm so sorry you have to deal with such people (I use that term very loosely). Thank goodness the kids can't read this garbage. Please lord do not let the powers that be lower the standards any further huh?

9:49 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Scully's Moulder said...

I'm sure it'll be a karma thing. ;) You'll move out and someone else will move in with kids to match the snotty mental prowess of your soon to be former neighbors, but with a completely different set of tricks. Good luck on your move. :)

2:09 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger liberal army wife said...

This is one of the reasons I have been worrying about moving into military housing (not that all civilian neighbourhoods are that great either)

LAW

12:20 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, I think my neighbors could give yours a run for the money. I live off-post in a duplex (some day, I will post about the mess that is Privatized Housing)...we had terrible neighbors who had no respect for us. They had a good daughter who babysat for us and was great with all the neighborhood kids, the the rest of the family...eh....

Well, they were both military who were being deployed, so they shipped off the kids to their respective fathers (yeah, three kids, three different dads, and this hubby NOT father of any) and moved out. Last Wednesday, new neighbors moved in. Three college boys. They were warned BEFORE moving in not to block the SHARED driveway at any time. Sure enough, they blocked me out on the DAY they moved in. I was not very kind to them, but didn't call them nasty names, at least.

Two days later (yeah, it's Friday)...all the college kids are back in town (did I mention this is a college town as well as a military town? UGH.), and so of course they have to throw a party. We called the cops at 1:00 a.m....but they were "too busy dealing with the college kids being back in town down in Aggieville; your call isn't an emergency...sorry".

And they've blocked the driveway at least twice since. And they've only been in their duplex for a week an a half.

It's gonna be a LONG year....sigh.

3:33 PM, August 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home